During 2010-2015, the initiative, led by WRIEC in collaboration with all of the NCIEC centers, focuses on a number of activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Determining the effectiveness of the curriculum by analyzing existing pre/post and other data. Modify and expand the curriculum based on these findings;
- Adapting the curriculum for deaf-blind audiences;
- Training of more trainers via train-the-trainer workshops; and
- Train more trainers via train-the-trainer workshops; and by
- Promoting extensive consumer trainings through the United States.